Data Protection Statement
As a customer of Base 8 Innnovations Ltd, I would like to let you know about some important details regarding your personal information. This document sets out how Base 8 Innovations will use your personal data.
We currently hold the following personal data about you:
– Email Address
We will tell you if providing any of your personal data is optional and will ask for your consent to process your data where this is necessary to do so but in all other cases, we will use the data only to make contact with you, as part of the day to day running of the service that you have agreed Base 8 innovations to provide to you.
Using your personal data and the legal basis upon which we can use it:
In the following situations, we will process your personal data:
- As deemed necessary to perform the contract with you
- Prior to you entering into the contract
- To manage and perform the contract
- To keep your records up to date
- As may be deemed necessary for our own legitimate interests or those of other persons or organisations e.g:
- For good governance or audit purposes
- For accounting reasons
- For monitoring activity such as emails
- For developing statistical analysis
- To ensure we comply with a legal obligation e.g:
- When you exercise your rights under Data Protection law
- Disclosure for legal or regulatory requirements
- Establishment and defence of legal rights
- Prevention, detection or investigation of crime
- We may ask you for your consent to process some or all of your personal data
Sharing your data:
From time to time, it may be necessary to share your personal data. Here’s a list of occasions where this may be necessary:
- Government Bodies (for example, HMRC)
- Payment systems gateway providers
- Suppliers carrying out maintenance on the website
- Base 8 innovations employees
We will retain your personal data for a period of 6 years + 1 after you make a purchase from Base 8 Innovations. Base 8 Innovations, only ever retains personal information for as long as is necessary. We are required under UK tax law to keep your basic personal data for a minimum of 6 years after which time it will be destroyed.
We may hold your personal data for a variety of reasons:
- In case of legal or regulatory challenges (for example HMRC)
- Answering any queries you may have
- Delivering the product to you
- In the event that you need to take up our returns policy
- Statistical reasons where data such as your age and potentially your location will be anonymously used by us for statistical reasons (see Data anonymisation and aggregation section below)
What rights do you have regarding the data we hold about you:
- At any time, you have the right to know what personal data we hold on you. This is known as ‘Right of Access’
- You have the right to know how we process your personal data across the business and if, for any reason, we share your personal data with another company
- You have the right to ask us to erase any personal data we hold on you. This would be reviewed against our retention policy prior to a decision being made and communicated to you
- You have the right to object about using your personal data for processing reasons
- You have the right to ask us to restrict how or when we use your personal data
- You have the right to ask us to port your personal data. We will achieve this by sending what we hold on you and allowing you to share it as you wish. We will not send personal data to another company
Additionally, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office: https://ico.org.uk/.
All requests need to be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org and they will be replied to or where possible actioned, within 28 days.
If you have any reason to complain about our processes or procedures regarding your personal data, you are welcome to write to us at email@example.com
Data anonymisation and aggregation:
On occasions, we may take your personal data and convert it into statistical analysis. When this happens, you won’t be identifiable as an individual data subject but the aggregated data may be shared and used in the ways described earlier in this Data Protection Statement.